January 5, 2011

Day One-- A Favorite Song.



There Goes My Life - Kenny Chesney

This is easily one of my favorite songs of all times regardless of how depressing it seems.  It has come up many times in my life and holds a super significance to me.
My mom first dedicated this song to me and she holds the most significance to the song.  Anyone who knows me, knows how important my mom is to me and every time I hear this I tear up just a bit. 

I went through a ridiculous depression my junior year at BSC (BSU-- whatever) and this song resonated in my head for months because of the events that led up to my depression.  I don't love the song for the memory of the depression but because it reminds me that no matter how low you or your life feels, there is always a silver lining.  This song reflects the strength and growth I had AFTER to overcome what I had dealt with. 

It's not the happiest of songs but it's easily one of my favorites.

Ps. Little known fact: I took my little sister to see Kenny Chesney (because David and I got in a fight on the Tuesday before the concert so I took away his ticket!) and during his performance I realized I loved him and called him, apologized, and told him I would be his girlfriend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...