April 9, 2012

Good Reads

I, once again, drank the Koolaid.

I am LOVING Goodreads.
I feel like I'm reading all the time but I've been going to this little one room, 20'x25' library and when I get in there, I blank, have no idea what books I want and leave with a couple things that have good covers.

Welcome to Goodreads.
You can just add in the books you want to read and keep a running list. This way, when I'm at home I can pull up my list, go on to the library site, put holds on some, and then wait for them to arrive from other bigger libraries.

In addition, you get to rate the books you've already read and keep a running tally!
Which is, totally helpful with my 50 Book Challenge!

I'm excited to add more people into my network, maybe join a book club, and read some new books!

Ps. Have to say thanks to Amber at A Little Pink in the Cornfield for getting me into Goodreads!
We were linked up for a Book swap and caught the book reads bug! 

4 comments:

  1. Goodreads is fantastic, isn't it?! I know I am reading more because of it. It's become a bit more systematic for me and I'm really focused on reading MORE titles, but I kind of like that!

    BTW, right now I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Have you heard of this book?? Oh boy... it's ... I can't even think of the right word for this. So far though, I recommend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! When we have Book Club Friday, I have it in one screen and Goodreads in the other so I can add the ones I want to read later.
    Then I open up the library in one screen and Goodreads in the other. I just love it. It kinda makes me feel smart. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on GoodReads too (NicAvesani) and I have a 40 book challenge for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to find you on goodreads! If I cant, find me! Heather Wisniowski. I just got into it a month or so ago and am now completely addicted as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...