April 6, 2012

I did it.

I registered for a 5k.
It's not until July 28th so I have plenty of time to train.
And cue laughter because I have train for a 5k.

It's fine.

Here's a (not so) secret.
I'm fat. Like very overwieght.
I've always convinced myself that I carry it well, I'm convinced that there's 20 lbs just in my bra since I'm nursing, but regardless of how I carry myself, it doesn't change the fact that even though I am happy with myself, I'm not happy with the image I'm giving Emmalee.

Do I want her to grow up wanting to be Barbie? No. Ok well maybe this one.
but do I wnat her to see her mom being healthy and want to replicate that?
Absolutely.

Enter my first 5K, The Color Run.


Now this isn't a normal run.
It's not timed.
There's no fundraising involved.
You MUST wear as much white as possible.
And they throw bombs of color on you!
Talk about a (almost) stressfree first 5k!

And the best part... I'm registered.
You might be seeing some running updates over the next couple months!
Yesterday, i went to the gym, hopped on an elliptical and pushed myself until it said 3.2 miles.
It took me 40 minutes, but I did it!!

In other news...


I have two more books to add, numbers 16 & 17!


This modern-day Sense and Sensibility is a witty story about two sisters: Liza, a would-be poet who spends miserable days as a legal secretary; and Bette a graduate student writing her dissertation on Toast in the English Novel. Bette has taken to eating only what the characters she is writing about would eat: boiled eggs on toast, minemeat, nice cups of tea...Liza's a bit concerned. She's also worried about the status of her relationship with her actor boyfriend, Gregor. They're not living together, and that's a problem.
Then there's the issue of Liza's career, or lack thereof. Can dog-walking be considered a vocation? Liza's beginning to think so. Mercifully, Bette is merely a local phone call away. 
Throughout this hilarious novel, the sisters deal with unemployment, infidelity, interfering parents, Hollywood, lemmings, a pregnancy, and a wedding. The Perfect Elizabeth is as indulgent and cathartic as a pint of Haagen-Dazs.

I liked it. It was a bit dry and slow going but by the end I was truly rooting for the main character.

and 



Life as Kim and Krickitt Carpenter knew it was shattered beyond recognition on November 24, 1993. Two months after their marriage, a devastating car wreck left Krickitt with a massive head injury and in a coma for weeks.

When she finally awoke, she had no idea who Kim was. With no recollection of their relationship and while Krickitt experienced personality changes common to those who suffer head injuries, Kim realized the woman he had married essentially died in the accident.

And yet, against all odds, but through the common faith in Christ that sustained them, Kim and Krickitt fell in love all over again. Even though Kim stood by Krickitt through the darkest times a husband can ever imagine, he insists, “I’m no hero. I made a vow.”

It's a good book.
I have not seen the movie so I don't know if that plays into it. I love a good, real story and becuase I consider myself a religious woman I could appreciate the faith in it, however, it may be too much for some people if faith is not a front runner for you.



10 comments:

  1. woohoo go you!!! I am sure you will do great, plus it sounds like fun (: I am wanting to do a 5k sometime this year but am too scared and haven't signed up, pretty sure signing up might be the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! You are an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your 5K! I need to start doing something to tone up. I have been lazy after my second baby! Sit ups...here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved the movie version of "the vow" so i should try the book :)

    congrats on a your first 5k! i am doing my first one in early june---eeek!

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That 5K sounds AWESOME!!! I can't wait to hear more about it!!!

    What training schedule are you using? I really liked the Couch to 5K app. Very realistic and easy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm legit going to download The Perfect Elizabeth today. It sounds awesome! Good luck with your run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the 5k training!! The Perfect Elizabeth sounds like a good read - added to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am training for a 5k right now with my best friend! We are using the Couch to 5K plan..google it. It is the best. I have never run a day in my life before this and now I am almost on week 3 and am no longer panting after an interval of running. So excted for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Vow! And it's a million times better than the movie in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...